For the first 8 years of his career, Mark worked at TRL as an ITS Engineer and worked on a broad spectrum of ITS projects for the Department for Transport, Highways Agency and in the European 4th & 5th Framework Programmes.
Mark’s particular focus was in the specification, testing and evaluation of new ITS systems which included the management of trials both on the TRL test track as well as the on-road environment. This culminated with being the Trials Operations Manager for HMRC’s Proof of Solution Procurement Trials, managing the test programme to evaluate 9 competing bidder solutions.
Mark joined the team at Rapp Trans UK in 2005 to focus on developing his profile as a Technical Expert in Road User Charging implementations.
Whilst at Rapp Trans his RUC projects included
- 2005 – 2008 TfL Congestion Charging Technology Trials Procurement
- 2008 – 2010 CEN Project Team drafting ISO 12855 Information Exchange
- 2009 – 2010 RUC and Testing Expert for the Dutch Ministry of Transport ABvM Procurement Team
- 2009 – 2010 DfT Technical representative for the UK Interoperability Forum
- 2010 – 2012 Roadside Test Co-ordinator for the ViaToll implementation in Poland
- 2011 – 2013 – CEN Project team lead drafting ISO 17444 Charging Performance Metrics
- 2012 – 2013 EETS Test Manager for ViaToll
- 2013 – Technology Demonstration in Russia
- 2013 – ViaPass Bid Team
Whilst at Rapp Trans his ITS Projects included
- 2008 DfT – Business Case for development of National Technical Framework for ITS
- 2009 – 2011 ITS Deployment Plan for Saudi Arabia
- 2010 DG MOVE In-vehicle Platform Study
- 2010 DG MOVE Traffic & Traveller Information State of the Art Review
- 2012 DG MOVE ITS Directive Action C (Safety Related Traffic Information) Impact Assessment Study
- 2013 -2014 DG MOVE ITS Directive Action B (Traffic Management) Impact Assessment Study